rikus.org: Miscellaneous projects
- An annoying but catchy alarm/ring tone I created for my phone some time in 2012. Feel free to use it for whatever: [ogg] [mp3]
My computer's case
My case is of a unique construction wherein two Gateway E-series metal chassis are joined together (one upside down) with one hinge and two small metal plates. To open it, you have to undo four screws, and then it swings open in a 'V' shape. The motherboard is on one side, and the hard drives and CD-ROM drive are on the other side. Extra long cables were necessary.
- See also: Epiar stuff
- Atlantij -- This was a somewhat crude but fully functional monopd client, written in Java over the course of a few days in 2007. This was a temporary stopgap measure to accommodate a small group of users, and I have not maintained it for years.
- A "Despair" lookalike using perl-gtk -- Despair was a small Macintosh game from the 90s.
- A wiki-style system with a variety of unusual and exotic features intended for local use (i.e. not for collaboration).
- Various other smaller projects
Trivia: Other interesting pieces of equipment I own
- Sun SPARCstation 5
- HP NetServer LH Pro
- Three serial terminals (one working)
- Two dot-matrix printers (one an Epson LQ-510)
- IBM ThinkPad T22
- Multiple IBM Model M keyboards
- Apple iBook which once achieved over 730 days (two years) of uptime while running Debian Etch